Michigamme River Basin
Michigamme River Basin Authority
- Jim Brennan, Chairperson (December 2020)
- John Ulrich, Twp. Board designee, Secretary (Nov. 2020)
- Norine Maki, Member, (Dec. 2016)
- Todd Rankinen, Member, (Dec. 2016)
- Chuck Hurst, Member, Dec. 2016)
- Tina Koski, Treasurer, Alternate Twp Board member (Nov. 2020)
The Michigamme River Basin Authority are now the proud new owners of the Republic Dam. The DEQ has issued a 5 year permit for operation of the dam good until 2023. The River Basin Board is working diligently with GEI Consultants applying for grants and seeking funding from any available source to build a new rock crib dam with plans for a fish ladder. Any questions, please contact Jim Brennan @ 906-376-2009.
Michigamme Basin Authority Purpose
TIFA Damn Ownership Issue
- TIFA Chair to Sen Casperson’s office_05082015
- TIFA exchange with MTA legal counsel_05122015
- TIFA – Time-Line – June 3 update
- more pages will be filed as they are processed.