Michigamme River Basin
Michigamme River Basin Authority
- Laura Maze, Chairperson, (Dec. 2016)
- John Ulrich, Twp. Board designee, Secretary (Nov. 2020)
- Norine Maki, Member, (Dec. 2016)
- Todd Rankinen, Member, (Dec. 2016)
- Chuck Hurst, Member, Dec. 2016)
- Tina Koski, Treasurer, Alternate Twp Board member (Nov. 2020)
The owners of the Republic Mine have indicated at this time that the dam is no longer for sale to Republic Township. They have indicated that they will monitor and maintain the dam for the good of the community.
The Republic Township Board has frozen the TIFA membership at it’s current five active members until formal communication is received. Both the TIFA Board and the Township Board will base future plans on that communication.
Michigamme Basin Authority Purpose
TIFA Damn Ownership Issue
- TIFA Chair to Sen Casperson’s office_05082015
- TIFA exchange with MTA legal counsel_05122015
- TIFA – Time-Line – June 3 update
- more pages will be filed as they are processed.