- Maki's Mini Mart is a grocery store that carries all of your needs, along with beer and wine. The also offer local crafts of all sorts. Their hours of operation are Monday-Sunday 10a.m. to 7p.m. Phone number 906-376-8220.
- Antiques of Republic - antiquesofrepublic.com
Owned and operated by the Miron family. Mike Miron is the manager of both buildings. If there is something special you are looking for Mike is the man to go and talk to, you might even find something else that brings back some memories and you wont want to pass it up. Antiques of Republic is located at 219 Kloman Ave. and 243 Kloman Ave., Republic.
- The Beauty NooK
In operation for 21 years at 222 Kloman Ave., Republic. It is owned and operated by Ikey Todd. If there is something you need give her a call, she will do her best to accommodate you. Colors, Cuts, Perms. She is open most days from 10:00a.m. to 7:00p.m. Call (906)-376-2456
- Aaron Wixtrom Construction
6035 Dogwood Rd, Republic, 906-376-2693. Licensed and Insured. Mike Wixtrom, 4697 Fence River Rd, Republic, 906-376-2136
- Niemi Excavating, Charley Niemi.
- Resolutions Professional Counseling
Tara Fleis, LLPC, 9885 State Highway M95, (906)282-3130
- Virgin Earth Farm
2480 Yukon Trail, (906)376-2011 - 9 Acres for Hay, 1.5 Acres for Fenced Garden. Authentic garden vegetables, available at the Negaunee and Republic Farmers Markets.
- The Speckled Hens Garden
6774 Caps Creek Rd., (906)376-2267 - We raise pastured chickens and eggs. Our vegetables and eggs can be purchased at the Republic Farmers Market as well as at our farm - please call first.
- Wixtrom Natural Farms
4697 Fence River Rd., (906)376-2136 - Garden produce, potatoes, and sweet corn, as well as free-range, chemical-free eggs.
- Peter’s True Value Hardware
154 Evergreen St. South Republic 906-376-2032
- Arming The Republic
183 Hemlock St. (Use Alley behind location by entering off of Evergreen St. or Birch St.) ArmingTheRepublic@yahoo.com - Check us out on Facebook @ Heidi N Brooks Fetters (Arming The Republic). Contact Heidi Fetters @ 260-333-6169 Or Brooks Fetters 260-333-6157. Call us for hours. Or look for our hours on Facebook will be updated Monthly.
- CedarHurst Lodge - cedarhurstlodge.com
Owners Chuck and Leslie Hurst / Go to their website and you can check it out for more details and if you decide you like what you see you can make an online reservation.
- Lost Lake Lodge - onlostlake.com
Full kitchen facilities with a Wood burning cast iron stove with glass face and wood. They also have complimentary TV with Cable and complimentary Internet Service. You will also find a Wood burning Finnish Sauna as well as On-site Guest Laundry; Iron & Ironing Board, complimentary use of Lake, boats and hiking trails. There is a large yard area for games and activities. Onsite property Manager available for information or maintenance issues. Be sure to check out their website for further details.
- Pine Crest Resort - exploringthenorth.com/pinecrest/resort.html
Remote lakeside cottages by the Michigamme River and Juncob Lake in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Located in a beautiful 150 year old white pine plantation, the two cottages and three log cabins offer lodging for up to 34. The guest cottages feature extraordinary comforts with all modern amenities and are available year round. One cottage even has a hot tub with a view of the wild Michigamme River. Pets are welcome at Pine Crest Resort.
- Michigamme River Retreat- michigammeriver.com- Large modern log cabin right on the Michigamme River. Cabin offers 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, complete kitchen supplies, dishwasher, microwave, coffee maker,toaster, towels, sheets, blankets, grill, fire pit, firewood, kayaks, WiFi, smart TV, books, sauna etc. One block with snowmobile access to Iron Ore Heritage Trail. Beautiful views all four seasons! Check out our website for pictures and booking options. Call if you have any questions: 218-929-1702.
- The Summer Place Restaurant
Located on Kloman Ave., has been open for 21 years and is owned and operated by Jenny and Charlie Hendrickson. Located right next door to the Beauty Nook. Give them a call to check their hours and also find out what the special is for the day. If you are up early head in for breakfast, you won’t leave hungry. They also have great homemade soup, “Dave’s” Cudighi Sandwiches and are known for their Broaster Chicken. Also check out the rest of the menu, your sure to find something tasty. Call (906) 376-2419.
Substance Abuse Assistance
- The Pine Grove Bar
Owned and operated by Clare Tasson. They offer drink specials and Happy Hour during the week as well as Pizzas made by the Summer Place. Large Flat screen TV’s to watch your favorite team with a basket of popcorn and an ice cold mug of whatever quenches your thirst. One of those computerized Juke boxes where you can play just about anything you can think of. Clare is looking at adding food in the near future for the times when the Summer Place has closed for the day. Be sure to check back for updates since Clare continues to change and update what’s going on we will be sure to update you on those changes. Call (906) 376-2234 / They are also on Facebook.