Building & Zoning


Republic Township regulates zoning but defers building construction codes and code enforcement to Marquette County Resource Management/Development Department.

All construction within the Township requires a Zoning Compliance Permit as a condition precedent to the commencement of a use, or the erection, construction, reconstruction, restoration, alteration, conversion, or installation of a structure or building.

Zoning approval must be obtained from Republic Township, in writing, before a building permit can be issued by Marquette County.

Building permits are not required for a Residential one-story detached accessory structure, if the floor area does not exceed 200 square feet; a Township Zoning Compliance Permit is required.

An accessory building or accessory structure shall not be used for human habitation.

Links are provided on this page to the various departments needed.

Marquette County Building Codes

Visit Marquette County's Building Codes Forms page for permit applications & information...

Republic Township Zoning Ordinances

Zoning Administration John Dulek - 1(847)800-3737


279 Kloman Ave.
P.O. Box 338
Republic, MI  49879